If you are visiting Edinburgh and you don't know where the best place would be to pop the question, I have prepared a few location ideas for you to get you started. The best thing to do is to google every location and check if you like the look of it. Below are a few suggestions and also photographs of the different locations.
- Calton Hill - East End of Princes Street - Amazing views over the city
- Princes Street Gardens - lovely in any season, but many tourists during the summer months, so a quiet spot can be difficult to find.
- Salisbury Crags - this is on the way up to Arthur's Seat. Amazing views over Edinburgh, but requires a little bit of a hike. If she's wearing heels, this might be a no-go.
- Circus Lane - the cutest lane in Edinburgh. Very close to Stockbridge. Usually very quiet.
- Dean Village - usually quiet, and very serene location at the river in the centre of Edinburgh.
- Botanic Gardens - requires permission, if you need to set up anything that is... such as candles etc. But lots of amazing spots there.
- The Vennel at Grassmarket - amazing views towards Edinburgh Castle.
- Not far from Edinburgh - at the Bridges in South Queensferry