Matted Wedding Albums
- Top Quality
- the photographs are assembled behind a mount
- The images can be mounted with a border around the images.
- The pages are elegant, with only a few images per page
- The covers can be fabric such as Harris Tweed or linen, or leather.
- The pages are very thick.
- The album is likely to be very heavy and will definitely make you feel like you are about to lift and open something very special.
- Very expensive
- Sometimes design options are limited by the matts used / offered by the lab
Designed Wedding Album – images printed on the pages
- Different labs offer many different sizes
- The album can have almost any number of page and is produced around your wedding
- Therefore, the album can have as little as 20, 30, 40 images or as many as 200 and sometimes more.
- Has a wedding feel to it.
- Thick pages
- Very neat and good quality production
- Lots of different cover options available (different materials and colours)
- virtually no design constraints of the images on the pages
- Production time varies from lab to lab (my lab – from ordering to delivery – 10 days, some other labs can take as much as 4 months!)
- Starting to get a lot more expensive
Self-Adhesive Wedding Book
- Wedding Album
- Thick Pages
- Magnetic Clip
- Lovely storage box for the album
- Substantially lower in cost in comparison to designed wedding albums
- Quick production time as albums are in stock and prints are attached on self-adhesive pages
- Very limited number of size options
- Very limited number of pages (10, 15, 20) – which limits the number of images
Classic Coffee Table Book (Photo Book)
- Very Quick Production Time
- Relatively inexpensive
- Many different sizes available
- Good for self-produced family photos
- does not have wedding “feel” to it
- pages are very thin
- pages are bendy